So, you’ve decided to install new windows, doors or even a conservatory. You have some designs in mind and are excited to get the project going – but, rightly so, you’re worried about finding someone who can provide you with a professional, fair service.
How can you be sure you’re hiring a trustworthy, ethical installer who will honour their promises? And can you find any form of third-party protection in case things don’t go as planned?
This is the reason the Double Glazing and Conservatory Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS) was founded and why here at Unicorn Windows, we are proud to be a member.
What is DGCOS?
DGCOS is an organisation offering first-class customer protection. This is the case when you hire a DGCOS-accredited installer such as ourselves. The scheme covers anything concerning windows, doors, rooflines, conservatories and orangeries.
DCGOS provides assurance for customers by continually vetting its members. They check they are using ethical sales practices, continually deliver quality work, and that their members’ prices are fair. Before becoming a member, installers must meet a 12-point accreditation process. This requires them to undergo a thorough history check and to provide DGCOS with several customer and supplier references who can all be independently approached. Another stipulation is that members provide customers with a written contract, including an insurance-backed guarantee. Deposit Protection Insurance is also included, as is a promise the company will abide by any legal decisions relating to DGCOS and the Ombudsman.
What does DGCOS offer?
There are a variety of free services that are available to you when using a DGOS-accredited company. These include:
- A free Professional Mediator to help resolve any disputes that may arise throughout the buying, installation and post-sale of windows, doors and conservatories.
- A free Independent Inspector to assist with the installation process and ensure that you receive top-quality workmanship and materials.
- Financial Awards for any breach of contract or inconvenience caused to you, the customer.
- A Free Deposit and Stage Protection Payment, protecting any money you pay up to 25% of the contract value. There is a maximum limit of £50,000.
- A Free Insurance Backed Guarantee lasting up to 10 years, providing you with protection if your installer ceases trading and cannot honour the terms of their guarantee.
Why choose a DGCOS-accredited installer like us?
Choosing a DGCOS accredited installer means that you are in the hands of installers who have a track record for providing a top-quality service – one which is also good value for money. It also means that you will receive legally binding protection by DGCOS, should it be necessary.
Hiring a DGCOS accredited installer will give you peace of mind, ensuring the installation of your new windows, doors, or conservatory is an exciting experience – rather than one filled with unnecessary trepidation.
@DGCOS: [The DGCOS] Resolves disputes without the need to go to court, and the service is entirely free of charge for consumers. It is independent of members and consumers and will make a decision believed to be just and fair in the circumstances.